What kind of questions will you get in the PST?
There are essentially 6 question types in the PST. While all the questions follow a logical order and are related to a business case, the different question types test different consulting skills.
1. Reading Facts (~35% of the pst)
- Which of the following values is the best estimate of ABC revenue in Year 4?
- To the nearest tenth percentage point, what is the difference between Italy’s and Spain’s respective average annual agriculture sector growths due to fertilizing over the last 10 years?
2. Root-cause Reason (~18% OF THE pst)
- Which of the following reasons, if TRUE, is most likely to be the reason for the drop in house prices in year 2?
- Which of the following, if true, LEAST explains the data for Slovenia and the Czech Republic in Exhibit 2?
3. fact-based Conclusion (~17% OF THE pst)
- Which of the following is TRUE based on the data presented in Exhibit 1?
- Which of the following can be concluded based on the information presented in Exhibit 2 about GDP growth?
4. word problems (~15% OF THE pst)
- Assuming that a machine costs $2 m, how many years will be necessary for XYZ to break even
from its investment?
- If an average employee is paid 12 hours per month, which of the following formulae accurately calculates the average number of items handled per employee, per month?
5. client interpretation (~10% OF THE pst)
- Which of the following most accurately describes the reason for the team's project?
- Which of the following best summarizes the CEO’s concerns?
6. formulae (~5% OF THE pst)
- Which of the following formulae calculates the share of non-performing loans out of total loans?
How to crack the different PST questions?
The My Consulting Coach PST Guide will provide you with simple, no-bs technique to solve each PST question. each section will include:
- Description of the question type
- Detailed method explanation
- Tips & Tricks